Hey everybody and welcome back to the Everything Ham Radio podcast! In today’s episode we are are talking about Digital Mode Radios.
- Digital Mode Radio
- Amateur Radio Club Spotlight
- Montgomery Amateur Radio Club , Montgomery, AL
- Started in 1938
- Club Call sign – W4AP
- Website: http://www.w4ap.org
- Meetings – Third Monday @ 7pm, except December @ American Red Cross building, 5015 Woods Crossing Drive, Montgomery, AL 36106
- 146.840 – Wetumpka
- 146.920 – NE Montgomery – Dstar – Internet Gateway
- 147.180 – 123.0 tone – S MGM County
- 444.500 – 100 tone – Wetumpka
- 443.975 – NE Montgomery – Dstar – Internet Gateway
- 2M Digital
- 145.690 – Wetumpka – W4AP-1 Packet BBS, W4AP-2 Digipeater
- 144.390 –
- E Montgomery – W4AP-1 APRS Digipeater
- AL EOC Clanton – W4AP-3 APRS Digipeater
- Baptist South Hospital – W4AP-5 APRS Digipeaters and Igate
- Saturday, November 19, 2016 starting at 9am
- Hosting the Alabama State Convention
- VE Testing
- Lots of Door Prizes
- Both indoor and outdoor areas
- Field Day
- Public Service
- Skywarn and ARES
- Several walkathons and bike races
This episode I decided not to put any news in it. I am still trying to figure out what works the best for my episodes and what I like the best. The problem with having the news in my episodes is that I have to wait until almost the release date to have up to date news articles. In episode 3 I recorded it on the Sunday before it was released. This may be an issue down the road when I may not have the time to record it with such a short lead time. Perfect example is coming up in a few weeks when we will be moving. I will probably be out of pocket for a couple weeks.
I have decided to go to a weekly podcast instead of a biweekly one as well, starting with this episode. I have noticed that over the past few weeks that I have been doing this podcast, I am finding it harder and harder to sit down and write a blog post that normally takes me a few hours over recording a podcast that I can do in about an hour. We are going to try it, I might end up going back to a bi-weekly one, but for now we are going to strive forward with weekly and I will be dropping one of my normal blog posts so I will just be doing one blog post and one podcast a week.
Please subscribe to my podcast on ITunes and for all of you android users out there, I have already submitted my podcast to Google Play and it has been accepted. So once they release the podcast functionality, you will be able to listen to my podcast on Google Play. Also please subscribe to my site to get emails on when I publish a new post or podcast. Don’t forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter as well. Links to all my social media pages can be found on the menu at the top of the page under Social.
Until next time…
73 de Curtis, Â K5CLM