Hello everybody and welcome back to the Everything Ham Radio Podcast! In this episode we are going to talk with John Jacobs, W7DBO, from the Hamradio 360: Field Radio Podcast about WSPRnet and More.
Tech Corner – WSPRnet
What Is WSPRNet?
WSPRnet stands for Weak Signal Progagtion Reporting. It is a system devolped by , who also developed all the JT modes. It allows you to transmit and receive automate signal heard reports from other stations around the world. You can see who is hear your signal and who you are hearing and where they are from.
WSPRnet Frequencies – USB dial (MHz):
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- WSPRnet Website – This is the main website of WSPRnet. On you you can see stations that have reported signal received reports from all over. It has a textual list of all the stations as well as a graphical map of where all the stations are and what stations they heard or heard them. This website is very active! As of the time that I am writing this post(10/19/2017 @ 12p) the website has received:
- 806,524,557 total spots
- 922,263 in the last 24 hours
- 57,510 in the last hour
- Hamradio 360: Field Radio Podcast – This is the Field Radio Podcast page, part of the Hamradio 360 family of podcasts. It is hosted by our guest in today’s episode, John Jacobs, W7DBO. He covers all kinds of topics dealing with operating ham radio out in the field.
- W7DBO.net – This is John’s personal website. On it you will find a link to all the podcast episodes he has done, as well as projects that he is working on, and videos that he has made as well as a bunch of other information.
- West Mountain Radio – On top of the regular commercial talking about West Mountain Radio, We also talked about a couple pieces of equipment that John recently purchased. The first of which was the CBA IV which is a Computerized Battery Analyzer and the second was the PWRcheck. John talks about the plan that he has for both pieces of equipment. Also remember that until Oct 31, 2017, you can get $50 off you purchase of the PWRcheck by entering a coupon code that West Mountain Radio provided me for you, my listeners. Also make sure you get your free USB Port Monitor with your purchase!!
- HamSci – John talked a little about HamSci and the project they did during the Solar Eclipse this year and how they are using WSPRnet data to help with the project.
- Hamradio 360 – Of course, we also talked about the other Hamradio 360 podcasts. The Work Bench podcast by George and Jeremy and the main Hamradio 360 podcast by Cale who is taking a much needed vacation from podcasting until after the first of the year.
West Mountain Radio
Are you tired of lousy propagation conditions and wondering how to work some real DX for a change?
Maybe you spin the dial and wonder what’s going on below the voice segment of the HF bands?
The answer is … You’re missing out! You’re missing out on digital modes! A rapidly growing and exciting part of ham radio!
Work real DX with the incredible JT-65 and JT-9 modes! It’s no exaggeration when I tell you, you WILL work stations you never thought possible, even using low power and compromise antennas.
Have fun making new contacts in modes such as PSK31, Olivia, Radio-Teletype, SSTV and many more!
The RIGblaster Advantage is everything you need to operate these exciting digital modes.
Made in the US, the RIGblaster interfaces have set the standard for nearly 20 years. Thousands of satisfied operators have learned their RIGblaster Advantage will provide solid digital communication, easy operating and reliability.
The RIGblaster Advantage has:
- A high quality built in sound card
- A single USB cable to your computer – say goodbye to the rats nest of audio and serial cables. Tidy up your station!
- Built in rig control that works with most radios
- Flexible transmit/receive switching – Choose between VOX or computer PTT
- Volume controls on the interface – no more hunting through Windows just to alter your transmit level!
- Real Morse Code keying that actually uses the CW mode on your radio
- Operate RTTY FSK for radios which support it
- An easy to understand manual covers beginners and seasoned operators alike
- Comes with a universal mic cable which fits most radios – optional cables may be available for your particular radio.
Don’t miss out on the fun and excitement any longer!
The RIGblaster Advantage is available right now for 199.95 with free ground shipping to the US 48.
For more information about the Rigblaster Advantage and to learn how to get your free USB Port monitor with your purchase, Click Here
Are you looking for something to put on your wall with your callsign on it?
Maybe you want a sign to hang outside of your RV with your family name on it?
How about a sign with a special saying on it or you and your spouse name with your wedding date on it?
I can make a sign just the way you want it(within reason of detail)
Goto my swag store and order you custom wood sign today!
KB3IHF QSL Cards
Do You Need Some QSL Cards? Check out KB3IHF QSL Cards. When you place your order make sure you mention that you heard about him on the Everything Ham Radio Podcast. If you do, I will get a small commission on your purchase.
Thanks for stopping by today. If you like what you have heard on my podcast or read on my blog and would like to know how you can give your support, check out the Support page! You can make a one time donation through Paypal, become a monthly contributor through Patreon or shop on Amazon through my affiliate link.
If you have not done so already, please subscribe to my site so that you will receive emails when I publish a new post or podcast episode. It’s super easy! Just fill out the form below:
Once you click on the Sign Me Up button, you will get an email from me with a link that you will need to click on. Once you click on that link, you will start receiving emails from me. I hate spam as much as anyone does, so I promise you that I will not sell or rent your email address to anyone!
Until next time…
73 de Curtis, K5CLM