Hey Everybody! Sorry for the late notice on this! Hopefully y’all have already seen this or at least will see it in time to participate a little bit.
This Saturday, December 1, 2018 is this year’s Skywarn Recognition Day from 000z to 2400z. Below is the story from the ARRL with links to more information.
Maybe I will talk to some of you on the air for this!
2018 SKYWARN™ Recognition Day
December 1, 2018 from 0000z to 2400z
SKYWARN™ Recognition Day was developed in 1999 by the National Weather Service and the American Radio Relay League. It celebrates the contributions that volunteer SKYWARN™ radio operators make to the National Weather Service. During the day SKYWARN™operators visit NWS offices and contact other radio operators across the world.
SKYWARN Recognition Day Operating Instructions
1. Object For all amateur stations to exchange QSO information with as many National Weather Service Stations as possible on 80, 40, 20, 15, 10, 6, and 2 meter bands plus the 70 centimeter band. Contacts via repeaters are permitted. SKYWARN™ Recognition Day serves to celebrate the contributions to public safety made by amateur radio operators during threatening weather.
2. Date NWS stations will operate December 1, 2018, from 0000 – 2400 UTC.
3. Exchange: Call sign, signal report, QTH, and a one or two-word description of the weather occurring at your site (“sunny”, “partly cloudy”, “windy”, etc.).
4. Modes: NWS stations will work various modes including SSB, FM, AM, RTTY, CW, FT8 and PSK31. While working digital modes, special event stations will append “NWS” to their call sign (e.g., N0A/NWS).
5.Station Control Operator: It is suggested that during SRD operations a non-NWS volunteer should serve as a control operator for your station.
6. Event and QSL Information: The National Weather Service will provide event information via the internet. Event certificates will once again be electronic and printable from the main website after the conclusion of SRD.
7. Log Submission: To submit your log summary for SRD use the online submission form.
Deadline for log submission is January 31, 2019.
For More Information
Registration form for NWS stations
NWS SKYWARN Recognition Day Main Page
To Print Your Certificate
Participating Offices and QSL Information
Echolink and IRLP Nodes
Creator and Owner of Everything Ham Radio
Owner of 2xC Products at 2xcproducts.com