Amateur Radio Blogs
- AmateurRadio.com – AmateurRadio.com is one of the longest running amateur radio blogs out there. They are celebrating their 20 years this year(2015). This site has a lot of very interesting articles from numerous different contributors.
- Eham.net – Probably one of the largest collections of amateur radio link on the internet.
- The K0NR Radio Site – This site is run by a very knowledgeable ham. Bob, K0NR, has been a ham since 1977 and have a slew of operating awards.
- KB6NU Ham Radio Blog – Dan has been a ham since 1971 but didn’t really get active until 2002 according to his QRZ bio. He is the author of the No Nonsense Ham Radio Study Guides. He is also the ARRL Michigan Section Training Manager. His blog is the Number 1 ranked “Ham Radio Blog” according to Google.
These are a list of the amateur radio podcasts that I listen to.
- Hamradio 360 Podcast – ITunes – formerly “The Fo-Time Podcast – The Other Radio Podcast” is a great podcast that I really enjoy listening to. It is hosted by Cale, K4CDN out of the “Deep South.” This podcast covers a lot of different topics and has some great guests on it.
- Amateur Radio Roundtable – A weekly ham radio show on Tuesday nights called Amateur Radio Roundtable. The quality and format has greatly expanded over the year. This program brings in special guests from around the world through remote video connections. The show has call in telephone lines and a chat room where users can ask questions or give comments during the show. In addition to the show on video, the audio is also simulcast on famous international shortwave station WBCQ “The Planet” on 5130 KHZ reaching shortwave listeners in many countries.
- ARRL Audio News – ITunes – This is the audio version of the ARRL Letter that is sent out every week.
- Amateur Radio Newsline – ITunes – Amateur Radio Newsline is “You independent source for amateur radio news for today’s radio amateur.
- 100 Watts and a Wire – ITunes – Created by Christian Cudnik, K0STH in May of 2015, 100 Watts and a Wire is a program celebrating amateur radio through the eyes of a new ham. The show features topical conversation and interviews, news and an entertaining look at the adventures of a ham trying to figure it all out. 100 Watts and a Wire is perfect for those who are new to ham radio, their Elmer’s, the seasoned radio operator and the technically curious crowd. Whether you run 5 watts or 1500 watts, there’s something for everyone.
- ICQ Podcast – ITunes – A podcast hosted by a father and son duo from the UK.
- Linux in the Ham Shack – ITunes – Linux in the Ham Shack is a podcast, a state of mind and a phenomenon. Originally begun to help amateur radio operators move from Microsoft and other closed-source operating systems and applications over to Linux and Free Software, the show has broadened its scope. Now consisting of a bi-weekly audio podcast, live streaming audio, community event sponsorship and general outreach, LHS helps to expose ham radio enthusiasts to FOSS and FOSS enthusiasts to ham radio. Join us every other Tuesday night for the live broadcast, subscribe with your favorite podcatcher, and visit with us at your local ham fest or FOSS convention. We are Linux, ham radio and Open Source for EVERYONE.
- Practical Amateur Radio Podcast(PARP) – PARP is probably one of the oldest amateur radio podcasts out there. It has been featured in QST, CQ and Practical Wireless Magazines. The podcast is run by Jerry Taylor, KD0BIK, an extra class licensee who has been licensed since 2007. PARP started in 2008 but took a short break in 2014. He tried to revive it in 2015 but only produced one episode. Jerry is now trying to revive it again so please check out his podcast and help him get it going again!
Amateur Retail Stores
- Field Components – A great source for all your coax and connector needs
- GigaParts – Whether you are looking for a new computer or a new radio, this place has what you needs and has great prices to boot!
- Ham Radio Outlet
- Main Trading Company – A great Mom and Pop Amateur Radio supplier located in Paris, TX. Check out more about MTC here.
- Texas Towers
- West Mountain Radio – A great source for digital communications and power management equipment and so much more.