Hello everybody and welcome back to the Everything Ham Radio Podcast!
A Non-Ham XYL’s View of Ham Radio
Back in August of 2016, in Episode 31, I talked with Allison Hollier, KG5BHY. In that episode we talked about what it was like to be a YL with a license. At the time the plan was to bring my wife on in the next episode to get a XYL’s view of being married to a ham when she wasn’t one.
Plans changed and that didn’t happen until a year and a half later. In this episode I am joined by my wife, Jessica. We talk about what it is like to be married to me…well…actually more of what it is like to be married to a ham, everything else would be a totally different podcast all together.
West Mountain Radio
The Epic PWRgate is West Mountain Radio’s 3rd generation power gate product. It uses advanced technology to achieve a very low power loss and has maximum flexibility to charge modern batteries.
- Epic PWRgate is a 12 volt backup power system rated at 40 amperes continuous from either a Power Supply or a Battery.
- Connected equipment will instantly switch to battery during a power blackout or power supply failure.
- Low loss PWRgate provides forward voltage drop of only 0.05 volts.
- USB port access to monitor system or to change charge parameters.
- Program for specific battery types.
- Supports smart charging of either Lead Acid or Li-Ion battery charging up to 10A.
- Optional direct solar panel input for battery charging (all chemistries). Solar panel VOC must be <= 30V.
- Can be programmed for vehicle use to suspend charging when the alternator is off.
- Complete LED status indicators.
- Battery charge suspend button to eliminate current draw or charger noise for 30 minutes.
- Optional temperature probe to control charging based on battery temperature.
- Solid, durable construction in an aluminum case. Includes mounting holes for convenient and secure use in mobile units.
- Uses Anderson Powerpole® connectors.
As yall know, I’m sure, I have been making signs for my listeners for a couple months now. I have a few and have really enjoyed myself doing it. You may also know that I have been trying to find a way to bring in some extra money for my family after we adopted our 4 kids back in July.
They say that if you do what you love you will love you job. That is very true. I love what I do and I love my job, most of the time. I also love doing woodworking, so why not do that to bring in some extra money for my family, right? So that is what we are doing. My wife and I are starting our own business, making handcrafted items, more than just signs.
I am in the process of making a website for it, and plan to launch it March 1st. Until then, if you looking for something with your call sign on it to put in your ham shack? Maybe you are wanting something that you can put outside you RV while you are camping with your name on it. How about a sign that has a quote on it of some sorts.
I have done a soft launch of the website right now, it is up and running and available to use. However, I do not have all the items on it yet and some of the descriptions and stuff are missing. Please feel free to check it out and see some of the sign designs that I have listed on there. You can find it at http://www.2xcproducts.com. You can also shoot an email to me at email@example.com and let me know what you are interested in and I will get you setup with a reasonably priced item.
KB3IHF QSL Cards
Do You Need Some QSL Cards? Check out KB3IHF QSL Cards. When you place your order make sure you mention that you heard about him on the Everything Ham Radio Podcast. If you do I will get a small commission on your purchase.
Thanks for stopping by today. If you like what you have heard on my podcast or read on my blog and would like to know how you can give your support, check out the Support page! You can make a one time donation through Paypal, become a monthly contributor through Patreon or shop on Amazon through my affiliate link.
If you have not done so already, please subscribe to my site so that you will receive emails when I publish a new post or podcast episode. It’s super easy! Just fill out the form below:
Once you click on the Sign Me Up button, you will get an email from me with a link that you will need to click on. Once you click on that link, you will start receiving emails from me. I hate spam as much as anyone does, so I promise you that I will not sell or rent your email address to anyone!
Until next time…
73 de Curtis, K5CLM
Creator and Owner of Everything Ham Radio
Owner of 2xC Products at 2xcproducts.com