Happy Thanksgiving!


Howdy everybody and welcome back to my blog. I know that I haven’t been very regular here lately, and for that I apologize. I would say that I have just been so busy that I haven’t had time to write anything but that wouldn’t be true. However, in a way I have been pretty busy and haven’t felt like working more while I’m at my RL job.

So whatever the reason for me not posting anything regularly, I hope to start posting more than I have.

So how was everyone’s Thanksgiving?

Mine pretty much sucked!

To start with, I had to to work. This was probably the least bad part of my day. In my line of work, I rarely expect to have holidays off. So I worked 6a-6p…while it was no my normal schedule it should have worked out better this way. I was able to get home at a decent hour where I could spend at least a little time with my kids before they went to bed.

I got to hear all about their day, what they did, what they ate, who they saw…basically what I missed because I had to work.

Next came story time, singing and bed time…our night routine.

Here Is Where The Fun Began

First a little bit of backstory. About a month and a half to two months ago I had a minor tooth ache… OK a major toothache. After about two days of excruciating pain it finally let up and I thought everything was good. About two days later a small knot about the size of a pea developed under that tooth along my jaw line.

Over the course of the next month and a half or so and you continually grew in size but my tooth never hurt after that first time. Fast forward to three days ago, it is the size of a goose egg and my wife and I start to wonder if it is a ingrown hair or something along those lines.

So we take some drawing salve and a bandage and I wear that for the next two days. Now mind you this is on my face, on my jaw line. Throughout the next day or two at work everybody is asking me what did you do to your face, did you get a new tattoo, or things of that nature.

So after bedtime on Thanksgiving, we go into your bedroom and we take off the bandage and it’s now about the size of a golf ball and has a yellow tint to it. Thinking this was a good sign, my wife tries to open the axon and start to mash on it to try and get it to pop…doesn’t work and actually only makes it look worse. Now it is spread up the sign of my face and down my neck.

You are going to the Er!

I HATE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL! Honestly I don’t much like going to the doctor, but i finally agreed. They do bloodwork, and a CAT scan. When they finally get the results back the doctor tells me what I was fearing and that it had moved down my throat and was in a position where she didn’t want to cut it and drain it herself.

We are going to have a transfer you, is what she told us. Of course the only hospital that supposedly had a orthopedic doctor on duty was in North Dallas about an hour and a half away.

So we go home and change clothes, check on the kids, and start driving to North Dallas. Now my wife does not like driving in any kind of major traffic. But I must say she did really well and drove the entire way.

So after spending about three hours in the ER, in the room, they say they will be admitting me and are fixing to move me up to a room. They said that hopefully they can do the surgery that morning.

That was good news… If only it worked out that way. We both catch a few Z’s and in the morning they come in tell us that they’re waiting on the doctor to find out when he will be able to do the surgery. Now mind you at this point I still it had not eaten since about 6 o’clock on Thanksgiving day. By about 3 o’clock Friday afternoon they finally come in and tell us that there wasn’t any room available’s in the OR for Friday or Saturday however I was slated for 7am on Sunday morning. However if was going put me on a cancel list for Saturday.

So hopefully I will be able to get the surgery done on Saturday, if not it will be dark and early on Sunday morning. We will see what happens!

well that pretty much wraps up my Thanksgiving. I hope yalls was better! Let me know in the comments below how your thanksgiving was.

Until next time,

73 de Curtis, K5CLM

Related posts